Jonathan Safran Foer
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
07 June 2005
Jonathan Safran Foer is the author of the bestseller Everything Is Illuminated, named Book of the Year by the Los Angeles Times and the winner of numerous awards, including the Guardian First Book Prize, the National Jewish Book Award, and the New York Public Library Young Lions Prize. Foer was one of Rolling Stone’s ‘People of the Year’ and Esquire’s ‘Best and Brightest.’ Foreign rights to his new novel have already been sold in ten countries. The film of Everything Is Illuminated, directed by Liev Schreiber and starring Elijah Wood, will be released in August 2005. Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close has been optioned for film by Scott Rudin Productions in conjunction with Warner Brothers and Paramount Pictures. Foer lives in Brooklyn, New York.
Jonathan Safran Foer (born February 21, 1977) is a writer. He is best known for his novels Everything Is Illuminated (2002) and Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (2005). In 2009, he published a work of nonfiction titled Eating Animals. While Foer’s works have been released to widespread critical acclaim, he remains somewhat of a polarizing figure amongst contemporary critics and academics, attracting in equal measure both passionate praise and criticism. Foer currently teaches creative writing at New York University.
source text: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Safran_Foer
Interview with Safran on Extremely Loud…
The Guardian’s Review for the book
The film adaptation on IMDB
- Jonathan Safran Foer: Novels Have a Lot to Learn from Poetry (video) (aerogrammestudio.com)
- Midweek Bookstack: Remembering 9/11 (thebookbeagle.wordpress.com)
- Interview with Jonathan Safran Foer (3quarksdaily.com)
- “Everything Is Illuminated…” – Jonathan Safran Foer (balauru.wordpress.com)
- The Trouble With Idealizing The People We Love (elaineneo89.wordpress.com)
- Connect interview with Jonathan Safran Foer (veganthropos.wordpress.com)
Further Jonathan Safran Foer Events: