Memo to the President-Elect
19 February 2008
A one-of-a-kind event with Madeleine Albright. Secretary Albright will discuss her new book, Memo to the President-Elect, offer her analysis of what the next president must do to restore America’s international standing, and assess the presidential candidates. This event is a coproduction of the John Adams Institute, the International School for Humanities and Social Sciences of the University of Amsterdam, Ambo-Anthos Publishers, and NOVA. It will hosted by Nova presenter Twan Huys and be broadcast as a special installment of the Nova College Tour.
Madeleine Korbelová Albright (born May 15, 1937) was the first woman to become the United States Secretary of State. She was nominated by U.S. President Bill Clinton on December 5, 1996, and was unanimously confirmed by a U.S. Senate vote of 99–0. She was sworn in on January 23, 1997.
Albright currently serves as a Professor of International Relations at Georgetown University‘s Walsh School of Foreign Service. She holds a PhD from Columbia University and numerous honorary degrees. In May 2012, she was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by US President Barack Obama. Secretary Albright also serves as a Director on the Board of the Council on Foreign Relations.
source text: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madeleine_Albright
Albright Discussing her book at the Institute for Leadership Studies, Dominican University California
Albright Speaking at Georgetown University:
- Madeleine Albright: another “diversionary” democrat … (onecitizenspeaking.com)
- Madeleine Albright to Congress: Authorize Obama’s Syria plan (politico.com)
- Madeleine Albright joins Twitter (politico.com)
- Statement by Madeleine K Albright on Syria September… (yallasouriya.wordpress.com)
- How Madeleine Albright got her Twitter handle, and the story behind her ‘tweet’ pin (washingtonpost.com)
- Guest Blog: Madeleine Albright & Ambition (wollstonecrafty.com)
- “Better late than never!” Madeleine Albright Joins Twitter (swampland.time.com)
- Madeleine Albright Favors a Strike on Syria….no Kidding (ruthfullyyours.com)