An Inconvenient Truth
06 October 2006
United International Pictures (UIP) and The John Adams Institutute our proud to present Al Gore at the preview première of the film “An Inconvenient Truth”. Chris Kijne (VPRO broadcaster) will present the evening.
Al Gore’s groundbreaking book, An Inconvenient Truth, brings together leading-edge research from top scientists around the world, as well as photographs, charts, and other illustrations to document the reality of global warming–and to sound a warning bell for action before it’s too late. Filled with personal anecdotes and observations about how this issue has become a central focus in Mr. Gore’s life–and why he believes it is the crucial issue of our time.
text source: http://www.climatecrisis.net
Themes: Technology, Environment, Sustainability, Urban Planning, Architecture
Former Vice President Al Gore is co-founder and chairman of Generation Investment Management. He is a senior partner at Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, and a member of Apple, Inc.’s board of directors. Gore spends the majority of his time as chairman of The Climate Reality Project, a non-profit devoted to solving the climate crisis.
Gore was elected to the U.S. House of Representatives in 1976, 1978, 1980 and 1982 and the U.S. Senate in 1984 and 1990. He was inaugurated as the forty-fifth Vice President of the United States on January 20, 1993, and served eight years.
He is the author of the bestsellers Earth in the Balance, An Inconvenient Truth, The Assault on Reason, Our Choice: A Plan to Solve the Climate Crisis, and most recently, The Future: Six Drivers of Global Change. He is the subject of an Oscar-winning documentary and is the co-recipient, with the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, of the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize for “informing the world of the dangers posed by climate change.”
text source: http://www.algore.com/about.html
“An Inconvenient Truth”, Official Trailer:
“From director Davis Guggenheim, An Inconvenient Truth is a passionate and inspirational look at former Vice President Al Gore’s fervent crusade to halt global warming’s deadly progress by exposing the myths and misconceptions that surround it. In this intimate portrait of Gore and his “travelling global warming show,” Gore comes across as never before in the media – funny, engaging, open and intent on alerting citizens to this “planetary emergency” before it’s too late.”
source text: http://www.takepart.com/an-inconvenient-truth/film
· The Galileo Movement’s new video,
- Al Gore Explains Why Civilization Might Not Survive the Next 100 Years (motherboard.vice.com)
- Al Gore’s Increasingly Sinking Climate Change Ship (breitbart.com)
- Al Gores lashes out at MSM after Reuters rates him a has-been (junkscience.com)
- Gore: US media ‘intimidated, frightened.’ (thehill.com)
- This New Film Is “An Inconvenient Truth” for the Economy (thedailyblogreport.wordpress.com)
- Al Gore tells Sharknado joke at NASCAR Green Summit (thesportsbank.net)
- Al Gore Says Big Money Is The Reason We’ll All Be Dead In 100 Years (Video) (elitedaily.com)
- Marx on Monday: Climate Change, Gore and Monbiot (bogpaper.com)
- Founder of The Weather Channel STICKS IT To Al Gore (dancingczars.wordpress.com)
- LAURENCE JARVIK: Al Gore’s Hate Speech Made Me Quit Brookings Email List. Jarvik writes: Does B… (pjmedia.com)